With temperatures consistently over 100 degrees lately, staying hydrated has never been more important. So learn how to stay hydrated this summer!
The benefits of drinking water are great, it promotes healthier kidneys, your face and skin will clear up, it energizes your muscles and it will help you avoid heat stroke, heat exhaustion, heat cramps, and heat rashes. And with such high temperatures lately, you’ll really want to be sure that you’re getting the amount you need.
To determine how much you need, drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day is a good amount to get a more accurate idea of how much your body needs just divide your weight by 2 and then the number you come up with is the amount of ounces of water you should be drinking a day (and remember there’s 8 ounces in a US cup).
So here are some creative ways to be sure you’re drinking enough water….
1. Set phone reminders. It may seem crazy, but it can really help you get enough water! So set times to remember to drink a cup of water
2. Always have water with you. You can use bottled water or…
3. Buy a cute tumbler cup! Here’s an excuse to go shopping! Get a cute tumbler (or sippy cup as some people call them) but for grown ups at Target, Walmart, or even Ross or Marshalls. You can get them for as low as $5.00 and they come with straws and are washable. Fill it up with water and carry it with you throughout the door and you’ll love to drink from it since they have pretty designs as well
4. Drink flavored tea or water. Who says you have to drink water plain? You can drink ice teas or flavor your water with lemon or strawberries.
5. Avoid sugary & caffeinated beverages. Beverages like soda or coffee can really dehydrate you, so avoid them and stick to naturally flavored waters and teas
6. Eat your water! Yes, I said eat your water! Eat fruits and vegetables high in water content, such as:
Be sure to stay hydrated this summer! Got any ideas on how? Share them with me on Facebook