Everyone wants to look put together, professional, fun, classy, and/or just plain attractive! We all want to put our best foot forward and let the world see how great we can look! Let’s be honest!
Well one of the ways that you can learn to always look great is to know what you’re personal style is! When you know what you want to look like and what you want to wear, you’ll feel more confident and attractive.
Knowing your personal style can also help you have quicker, more productive shopping trips because you’ll know EXACTLY what to look for, EXACTLY what flatters you, and EXACTLY what to say no to.
Here are a few tips to help you find your personal style:
1. Identify Your Body Shape. Knowing your body shape can really help you to find the styles that are most flattering on you. Wearing what’s most flattering can make you feel confident and it also can help you look smaller! There are generally 4 shapes (but even if you don’t fit into the shape perfectly, it just gives you an idea….) there is hourglass, pear, apple, and banana. Find your shape here
2. Research do’s & don’ts for your shape…When you wear styles that are not meant to flatter your shape it can make you appear sloppy or bigger than you are…so knowing what works for you can really help you. Use search engines like Yahoo! or Google to find sites that give you do’s & don’ts for your shape. You can also check Youtube and About.com
3. List 4 characteristics you want others to see…Do you want people to see you as professional, classy, feminine, fun, laid-back, preppy, classic, glamorous, or something else entirely? When you know what message you want people to receive from your clothing, it will help you to find clothes that convey that message so you’re shopping trips will go by much faster.
4. Clip Magazines…now this is the REALLY fun part! Go through any magazines that you have and clip anything from the magazines that inspire you or that you like (for example, a cute shirt, or a purse you think is great or even if you see a particular color of something that you like-clip it out). Then review all of the clothing items or advertisements that you’ve picked out and see if you can find a pattern. You may notice that you are more attracted to bright colors, animal prints, or that you like strappy sandals, etc. This will give you an idea of what to look for when you go shopping.
5. EMBRACE WHO YOU ARE!!! This is so important! Don’t be ashamed of WHO YOU ARE and WHAT YOU LIKE! If you’re a size 16, then WEAR a size 16 and do NOT be ashamed of it. Aim for comfort because when you feel comfortable, you’ll feel confident and people will notice that AND find you more attractive! Avoid wearing tight clothing because it accentuates flaws, it tempts others, AND it traps sweat making you…well….smell…and I’m sure you don’t want that!