Have you always wanted to be that type of person who keeps a journal or diary but don’t know the first thing about it?
Well I’d love to help you start your own personal journal because it can truly be really fun to not only write your thoughts & feelings out but also to read again years later.
1. Write about your day You can just write about the events of the day. Did you do something fun like go horseback riding for the first time? Or maybe you & your friends just had a girls night and you had the greatest time. You can just write about what you did and then you can….
2. Write about your feelings how did the events of the day make you feel? Did you feel excited about the new things you did today? Or maybe you were bored cause you didn’t do anything special today…write it down and share your thoughts and inner feelings. If you’re afraid of someone finding it you can always write in code OR you can write things down but then shred it and get rid of it. Sometimes, just the process of writing things down can help you to think once you read over it so it may not be about keeping it but rather just the process of writing & thinking.
3. Use it during your devotions maybe you don’t want to write about your thoughts or feelings about life but you want a place to write any sermons you listen to or any questions you have about the Bible or even write down your favorite Bible verses.
4. Use it for dreams You can even use it to keep a record of the dreams that you have. If you’re a vivid dreamer, it can be really fun to look over all the dreams that you’ve had over the past few years especially because you’ll actually remember each dream and remember the feeling you had too when you read over them. Just do this as SOON as you get up so you don’t forget your dream. (Also, if your dream was long and you want to remember each detail, then write down the details in bullet points and explain the dream after you’ve written down the points you didn’t want to forget.)
4. Schedule a time to do it you can schedule a time to do it if you really enjoy it and you can do it every night before you go to bed or every morning as soon as you wake up or….
5. You can write whenever you want! Don’t feel pressured to write everyday! Maybe you’ll like writing only once a week or once a month or EVEN fewer times than that. Don’t feel like you have to be an avid writer, if you’re not. Writing in a diary/journal is all about having fun and expressing yourself so don’t feel too pressured to do anything but explore your thoughts and feelings.