I know that many of us are over-worked, over-worried, and ultimately…over-stressed. Stress itself doesn’t have to be harmful, it can even be healthy because it can help you to have energy to propel yourself forward and accomplish tasks but too much stress and you’re asking for trouble.
Did you know that stress can be cause the cause of weight gain, difficulty concentrating, headaches, recurrent infections, dry mouth, sweating, sleeping difficulties and even tearfulness?
Well if you’re wanting help and you want to release stress, take a look at the suggestions below:
1. Be sure to eat well Eat foods high in vitamins A, B, C, and E, flavonoids, calcium, magnesium, selenium, and essential fatty acids.
2. Reduce caffeine and alcohol intake if you drink coffee or wine, take a break because these things agitate your stress symptoms
3. Eat more fruits, vegetables, and whole-grains. Eat less animal protein and avoid processed foods and fast foods which also cause stress on your body thus causing you to feel stressed and anxious.
4. Drink chamomile, valerian, lime tree flower, or clover blossom tea once or twice daily
5. Exercise at least 30 minutes everyday. Even something as simple as just walking can help you to feel less stressed out
6. Write in a journal. Writing can really ease tons of stress, so take out your frustrations on a piece of paper, you may even find clarity. Don’t know how to write in a journal? Get inspiration here!
7. Learn to say no. Sometime we cause the stress ourselves by overextending ourselves, so learn to just say no
8. Forgive yourself and other people. Forgiveness is a great way to learn how to love yourself and to love others. You truly benefit and so does your mentality when you let go of the hurts that people have caused you
9. Avoid negativity. If you have a negative thought, avoid it. Get rid of it. It’s time to start thinking positively, so for every negative thought….replace it with a positive one. Avoid dwelling in negativity
10. Prioritize & set realistic deadlines. Be real with yourself. Place the important things that need to get done, first-first. You’ll overwhelm yourself if you’re constantly trying to do every single thing. And also, be real about WHEN you can do something. You’ll feel better when you’re able to accomplish what you set out to do rather than feel like a failure because you overestimated how fast you can complete something.
Source: Curing Everyday Ailments the Natural Way