Did you know that there are plenty of benefits of doing the simple and fun activity of jumping rope?
As a child you may have done it just to pass the time, but you can lose as much calories jumping rope as you can running a mile in under 8 minutes.
1. Wear proper athletic shoes so you can get enough height, cushion your knees, and be kind to your feet (in particular the balls of your feet since you’ll be jumping on them)
2. The rope should reach your armpits. That’s a healthy length, so shorten the jump rope by wrapping the ends around your hand until it reaches there.
3. Don’t worry if you can’t jump for a long time, just jumping for 1 minute each is pretty good. So jump rope for 1 minute and take a 30 second break and then jump rope again. Do this for 5-10 minutes or as a warm up before your exercise
1. You’ll lose weight
2. You’ll build endurance and stamina
3. Reduce your risk of heart disease and cardiovascular problems
4. Creates muscle tone and definition in calves, shoulders, upper back and your core
5. Increase your balance, coordination, and agility
6. Develops the left and right hemispheres of the brain to further improve spacial awareness (knowing the distance beween objects) and reading skills (Source)
7. Increase memory and mental alertness (Source)
So get started!