Making rice seems like it would be simple enough, but let’s be honest-it can be easy to forget something since it’s-well really simple!
So here is the recipe on how to make rice for 4 and 6 servings, just be sure to pay attention so you don’t burn it!
For 4 servings of rice:
- 1 cup of rice
- 2 cups of water
- 1 Tbsp of butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp of salt
For 6 servings of rice:
- 2 cups of rice
- 4 cups of water
- 2 Tbsp of Butter or Margarine
- 1 tsp of salt
1. In a 3-quart saucerpan, combine all ingredients
2. Bring to boil, Turn to low heat.
3. Simmer 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
a. If you notice that all the water is absorbed but your rice is still kind hard…add a little bit of water ( usually add like 1/3) at a time until it softens the way you want.
b. For the best results, keep the pan covered until it’s done. Using a clear lid will help you see if the rice is done, just move the cover a little to see through the water droplets.
4. Remove from heat and allow it to sit covered for 5 minutes.
Then eat!! Just try not to burn it! 🙂